Jehovah's Witnesses awake the sleeping Baptist...

After another blissful night of sleep in two hour increments, I was quite exhausted, when my husband, bless his heart, told me to go back to bed. During this two hour increment, the dishes got done, children were fed, and the house was tidied. I awoke to take in all these wonders at ten o'clock. A few moments following, the doorbell rang. Wearing a robe made me the more decently appareled one, appointed to answer.

Opening the door the slightest amount possible to still be polite, I beheld two sweet elderly ladies on a mission to save my soul (from what, I don't know-there are days when ceasing to exist sounds pretty good). Not batting an eye at my bleary raccoon eyes, the one wearing a bit too much rouge inquired, "Is this a bad time?" I, shamefully, explained the baby situation. Immediately both her and her crocheted-multicolored-scarf-wearing confederate nodded sympathetically and made all the appropriate inquiries regarding gender, etc.

Rouge-lady then shrewdly lead in with, "Being a new mother, you must care about the future for your children.."
I then, more shrewdly, replied, perhaps interrupting,"Oh I do. That is why I teach my children the scriptures."
I am sure she began to epitomize shrewdness and state something beyond my mental capacity to battle before tea in the morning, so I cut her off with a," Yes, well thank you, Good-bye" and shut the door as politely as I could under the circumstances.

Frankly, I was proud that I didn't say, "I do. That is why I teach my children about Hell and impending Judgment, because then they will more accurately understand what Christ is saving them from." Or start maniacally chanting that Revelations 21:8 song that Whoever taught us???Of course, I could have just widened my eyes and started growling.

Sitting here now, with my Cranberry Autumn tea, my second scone, while the children are quiet in there respective beds, I regretfully wonder if any of those mightn't have made a better account to write about. I suppose that it was best for the ladies that I hadn't had my morning cuppa. I guess it is a sign of being reformed :tea brings out rants concerning the necessity of Judgment. hmmm....I think I will purchase some more!

Comments

  1. I loved reading this post. A week ago.

    Now, however, I am patiently waiting for a new one....

    Keep blogging, please, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (FYI it's Elly using Tim's google account so I can post a comment)
    Uh oh, that last paragraph might cause some non-reformed people to think that if they could stop us from drinking tea we might not bring up the "Judgment" word hehehe :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maddi Runkles: A Divergent View

Hello World

Managers of Their Homes: A Practical Guide to Daily Scheduling for Christian Home-School Families: A Review