Diaries of a Slattern....

So...This is week two of my Project Discipline.

Week one went smashingly well. My Zest for new endeavors and my commitment to starting the day with the Lord kept me going. Week two didn't go so well. However, I am recouping my losses tomorrow.

I have decided to address the truth that has been lurking behind my hurried, slovenly, and grumbly household. This truth is not one that is new, nor is it one that is even shocking to me.

I AM A LAZY HOUSEWIFE.

I have been convicted of this fact before, and at the time I had no idea what to do...how to get control, how to have a well ordered household, how to teach my children systematically.... Unfortunately ( or should I say, thankfully), this is not the case anymore. I have a plan, I have charts, and I know WHAT to do. I just need to implement it.

Two startling pieces of advice came to my ears this week.

The first is: Do just one thing. Every day, once you have that down, add something else. I still haven't decided what this one thing will be for me...I think it will be to have bible time with my children during breakfast.

The second is: Your children will never do anything that you don't do.
This one really convicted me, because I realize that I have all these aspirations for myself that my children will never see if I don't actually DO them. This is not a shocking concept, but for some reason it really hit me.

SO, I am ready for tomorrow. I will begin going through what I am doing to order my household so that you can follow my attempts at what all other wives and mothers are doing fantastically...:-)

As you can see, my blog is reflective of my household's previous state. Well, here goes my journey!


Comments

  1. Great post! We all struggle in this area, don't believe yourself to be alone! Making a schedule and sticking with it is key! We will hit day 36 of our bible time on the 29th of this month. I got convicted at BSF. It is a great time to sing hymns and read the word. Now, if I could just be more faithful in other areas! (See we all really do struggle) You get one thing down and another one does not get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa is sooo right. You are definitely NOT alone! I have found that it is best for me to not think of everything I have to do at once, but only think of one thing to accomplish at a time then go onto the next. Other wise it becomes overwhelming. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maddi Runkles: A Divergent View

Hello World

Managers of Their Homes: A Practical Guide to Daily Scheduling for Christian Home-School Families: A Review