Prayer and Fasting

Last week, our Pastor preached out of Ephesians.

If you feel like being convicted about your prayer life, you can listen here. I did, and was. I think the most important thing that stuck with me was a quote when he pointed out the priority of not being distracted- I will paraphrase, "Who cares if the world falls apart? YOU meet with GOD."

I have been this week, and I am so amazed by the sin in my life. I guess you may have expected me to say something like "everything is fraught with spiritual meaning!" or "I have achieved victory over my short tempered responses to my children" or "I think of others so much more." I actually don't think any of these things are true, but what has become true is that God has convicted me more of the constant allowance I make fore my little sins against the little people I spend all day with.

To be honest, I could involve myself in scandalous sins if I wished, but the Lord has given me the discipline to place myself in a situation that offers some buffer from those. Yet impatience, selfishness, gossip, laziness, and unkindness still run rampant throughout my days unchecked because I didn't peg them seriously as SINS. Increasing my prayer life, or rather, making it a priority, has made me notice the hardness of my own heart.

This is not at all what I intended to write about when I sat down at the end of a long week, after fighting quite the white migraine today, but I am just more convinced than ever of the importance of meeting and speaking with my Lord. How do I know that I am more convinced? Because I am actually DOING it. If I am craving the day I get to begin spending the rest of my life with this amazing Savior, how can I not develop this important part of my relationship with Him?

So, pray for me, that I will continue to pray.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maddi Runkles: A Divergent View

Hello World

Managers of Their Homes: A Practical Guide to Daily Scheduling for Christian Home-School Families: A Review